AC fans have long been the preferred airflow and cooling solution for a broad range of commercial, industrial, and residential applications. AC (alternating current) fans operate at a higher voltage than DC fans, making ideal for applications that require constant even airflow or high pressure. However, due to their higher voltage requirements, AC fans generate significantly more electromagnetic interference (EMI) than DC fans, making them unsuitable for working with sensitive electronic components.
PUI is a premier distributor of Mechatronics AC fans. These high performance alternating current fans feature long life bearings for reliable performance in non-stop and/or demanding applications. Mechatronics manufactures AC fans for all applications, including specialty models for high temperature environments and low power applications.
Features & Benefits of Alternating Current Fans
- Provide constant, even airflow
- Higher power than DC fans
- Optional environmental protection coatings or encapsulation
- High temperature models for working temps up to 194°F (90°C)
- Long life
- PUI offers AC fans in sizes from 60 mm to 172 mm
Common Applications for AC FansThanks to reliable, high power performance and long life bearings, AC fans are useful in a broad array of applications. From high pressure material handling systems to challenging oil and gas environments to automated manufacturing equipment, AC fans have countless uses.
- Aerospace: high temperature performance for exhaust and cooling applications in demanding environments
- Appliances: powerful and consistent power for cooling, exhaust, and ventilation in household appliances
- Broadcast: high speed cooling fans for remote broadcast equipment
- Electronics: constant, even airflow for consistent cooling for CPUs and PCBs
- Food & Beverage: FDA-approved fans for air circulation, cooling, drying, and exhaust applications in food/beverage processing
- HVAC: air handling, ventilation, exhaust, and pressurization applications
- IT & Communications: reliable fans for cooling networking and communications equipment
- Material Handling: powerful AC fan systems for collecting grain, plastic pellets, sawdust, etc.
- Medical & Dental: temperature control in MRI systems, ultrasound devices, defibrillators, and other sensitive equipment
- Oil & Gas: extended working life for non-stop cooling applications in high temp environments
- Power Generation: consistent, high power fans for turbine cooling systems, dust collection, ventilation, etc.
- Robotics & Automation: constant, even airflow for cooling, ventilation, fume exhaust, etc.
- Security: effective cooling for data centers, audio/video equipment, LED lights/controls, etc.